Availability: In Stock
Black eye beans are a variety cow pea, which have a creamy white colour. Beans are one of the richest sources of vegetable protein, vitamins and minerals. The presence of high levels of soluble fibre makes them beneficial in reducing cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Loaded with nutrients, they are used in various cuisines and are a key ingredient served cold in salads or hot in delicious curries.
- Black Eye Beans
Recipe for Black Eye Bean Curry
- ½ teaspoon of salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons of East End Vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 8oz of chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala
1. Drain the black eye beans and wash in cold water
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry onions until they are golden brown.
3. Add to the onions 200g of chopped tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, and turmeric powder.
4. Stir the contents and fry on a medium heat until the mixture is well blended and the oil has separated.
5. Add the black eye beans, cover and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add a little water if the mixture dries to achieve the desired consistency.
7. Sprinkle a little Garam Masala powder, stir and it is ready to serve.