Availability: In Stock
East End Yellow Gram is a dark brown pea similar in appearance to chick peas,yet slightly smaller in size.They are used mainly in Indian cuisine in curries or chillies, but can also be served cold in salads after boiling in lightly salted water.
- Yellow Gram
Recipe for Kala Chana Curry
- ½ teaspoon of salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons of East End Vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 8oz of chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala
1.Drain the Kala Chana and wash in cold water
2.In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry onions until they are golden brown.
3.Add to the onions 200g of chopped tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, and turmeric powder.
4.Stir the contents and fry on a medium heat until the mixture is well blended and the oil has separated.
5.Add the Kala Chana, cover and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
6.Add a little water if the mixture dries to achieve the desired consistency.
7.Sprinkle a little Garam Masala powder, stir and it is ready to serve.