Availability: In Stock
The chickpea is produced mostly in India and is part of legume family. Chick peas can be a healthy addition to a number of dishes; it offers high amounts of protein, fibre and carbohydrates. In Indian cuisine chickpeas are used mostly to create a chickpea curry or other authentic dishes.
- Chick Peas
- Ascorbic Acid
Recipe for chick pea curry:
½ teaspoon of salt to taste
4 tablespoons of East End Vegetable oil
1 medium sized onion chopped
½ teaspoon of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
200g of chopped and peeled tomatoes
1 tablespoon Garam masala
1. Drain the butter beans and wash in cold water
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry onions until they are golden brown.
3. Add to the onions 200g of chopped tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, and turmeric powder.
4. Stir the contents and fry on a medium heat until the mixture is well blended and the oil has separated.
5. Add the butter beans, cover and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add a little water if the mixture dries to achieve the desired consistency.
7. Sprinkle a little Garam Masala powder, stir and it is ready to serve.