Availability: In Stock
East End kidney beans posses a soft texture and are a healthy addition to many dishes. They are used in various cuisines and can be served cold in salads or hot in delicious curries and chillies.
- Red Kidney Beans
Recipe for Red Kidney Bean Curry
- ½ teaspoon of salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons of East End Vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 8oz of chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala
1. Drain the red kidney beans and wash in cold water
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry onions until they are golden brown.
3. Add to the onions 200g of chopped tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, and turmeric powder.
4. Stir the contents and fry on a medium heat until the mixture is well blended and the oil has separated.
5. Add the red kidney beans, cover and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add a little water if the mixture dries to achieve the desired consistency.
7. Sprinkle a little Garam Masala powder, stir and it is ready to serve.