Availability: In Stock
Butter beans are a light creamy coloured bean that is classed as a vegetable. They are an excellent source for fibre, protein, magnesium and potassium.
RECIPE FOR BUTTER BEAN CURRY
½ teaspoon of salt to taste
4 tablespoons of East End Vegetable oil
1 medium sized onion chopped
½ teaspoon of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
8oz of chopped and peeled tomatoes
1 tablespoon Garam masala
1. Drain the butter beans and wash in cold water
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry onions until they are golden brown.
3. Add to the onions 200g of chopped tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, and turmeric powder.
4. Stir the contents and fry on a medium heat until the mixture is well blended and the oil has separated.
5. Add the butter beans, cover and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add a little water if the mixture dries to achieve the desired consistency.