Availability: In Stock
Black eye beans are a variety cow pea, which have a creamy white colour. Beans are one of the richest sources of vegetable protein, vitamins and minerals.
The presence of high levels of soluble fibre makes them beneficial in reducing cholesterol and blood sugar levels in humans. Loaded with nutrients, they are used in various cuisines and are a key ingredient served cold in salads or hot in delicious curries.
How to prepare Black Eye Beans
- Sort through and discard any hardened kernels etc.
- Wash in 3-4 changes of clean water.
- Soak in enough water to cover for at least 5 hours.
- Replace water with fresh water, bring to the boil and boil for at least 10 minutes.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until tender ensuring saucepan does not run dry.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- This product may contain a trace of nuts
- Store in a cool, dry place, in an airtight container.