Availability: In Stock
The chickpea is produced mostly in India and is part of legume family. Chick peas can be a healthy addition to a number of dishes; it offers high amounts of protein, fibre and carbohydrates. In Indian cuisine chickpeas are used mostly to create a chickpea curry or other authentic dishes.
How to prepare Chick Peas
- Sort through and discard any hardened kernels.
- Wash in 3-4 changes of clean water.
- Soak in enough water to cover for at least 5 hours.
- Replace water with fresh water, bring to the boil and boil for at least 10 minutes.
- Simmer for 45 mins or until tender ensuring saucepan does not run dry.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- This product may contain a trace of nuts
- Store in a cool, dry place, in an airtight container
|Nutritional Information (per 100g)|