Availability: In Stock
Pakora is a popular Indian snack which involves dipping a number of ingredients into a gram flour batter then deep frying them. Pakora is usually eaten as a snack or as street food across India. When onions are fried in this batter, this is what is familiarly known as an onion Baji. Typical ingredients dipped in the batter are: Cauliflower, chicken, onion, potato and vegetables.
- Gram Flour
- Ajwain Seeds
- Onion Powder
- Cumin Powder
Preparation & Usage
- Add 375 ml of cold water to 300 gm of Pakora Mix and mix till there are no lumps in the batter. The consistency of the batter will be slightly thicker than that used to fry fish.
- Boil Cauliflower Florets and Potato Slices for 5 mins. Slice Onions to obtain rings. Heat 500 ml of Vegetable Oil in a deep fat fryer. Now add the vegetables and raw sliced onions to the batter.
- Coat the vegetables with the batter and fry in the oil until golden brown. Serve with East End Honey Chilli/Chilli Garlic sauce.
- The same batter may also be used to fry Chicken, Fish, Lamb, Prawns & other meats.
- May contain nuts
- Store in cool dry place and air tight container