Availability: In Stock
Basmati rice is a long grain rice which posses a wonderful fragrance and texture when cooked perfectly. Our Basmati Rice is perfect for accompanying Indian food. The rice produces a strong flavour and aroma while maintaining a soft and non-sticky appearance once cooked. This basmati rice is a must when cooking for friends or family.
How to cook Pure Basmati Rice
- This Basmati rice when cooked to the directions below, will turn into long, thin, separated grains with a wonderful aroma.
- Hob - From Ambient
- Wash 250g (8oz) of basmati rice thoroughly and soak for 20 minutes for softness (optional). Add rice to 2 pints of lightly salted boiling water, boil for 8 minutes.
- Drain in a sieve.
- Transfer the rice into a serving bowl and stir in a little butter or margarine (whichever preferred) to maintain separation of grain - then serve.
Microwave - From Ambient
- Wash 250g (8oz) of Basmati rice and put into deep microwave bowl.
- Add 440ml (about three quarters of a pint) of lightly salted water.
- Cover and cook for 14 minutes on maximum power.
- Stand for 5 minutes, then serve.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- This product may contain a trace of nuts
- Store in a cool, dry place, in an airtight container.
|Nutritional Information (per 100g)|
|of which sugars||0.3g|
|of which saturates||0.6g|
|of which mono-unsaturates||0.9|
|of which polyunsaturates||0.6|