Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 1 cup East End Split Yellow Gram (yellow moong dall)
- 1 cup East End Rice
- 1 teaspoon East End cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon each of Asafoetida and East End Tumeric Powder
- 25g piece East End ginger finely chopped
- 25g stick East End Cinnamon
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- 8 East End whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon East End Ghee
- 5 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the split yellow gram and rice together for 15 minutes. Drain. Heat the water in a frying pan till very hot. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a large heavy bottomed frying pan till it is very hot. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter. Now add the chopped ginger, green chillies, cinnamon, peppercorns, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Stir fry on medium / low level for about 2 minutes.
- Now, add the split yellow gram, rice and salt. Mix well. Add the hot water to this and bring to a boil. Cover and keep on low heat for 25 minutes or till the mixture is slightly mushy.
Add the ingredients to your cart