Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 125g East End Moong Beans
- 25g East End Ginger chopped
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 small Tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon East End Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon East End Chilli Powder
- 1 tablespoon East End Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Hot water
- Wash the moong beans thoroughly. Add the turmeric powder, two cups of hot water and bring to the boil. Boil on a medium heat, stirring regularly to prevent the dall from sticking to the bottom of the pan
- As it cooks the lentils will start losing their shape and goes soft. They will also go from being green to a darker shade of brown. Keep adding a little water to prevent the mixture from drying up. And if any foamy scum appears on the surface, skim it off and get rid of it. When the colour starts changing, chop the tomatoes and add to the lentils.
- The tomatoes will slowly disintegrate in the lentils. When you have a smooth dall with the lentils cooked, heat the ghee in a small pan. Fry the ginger first, and then add the onions and chilli powder and keep frying until brown.
- To finish, put this onion mixture into the lentils and add salt to taste.
Add the ingredients to your cart