Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 2 teaspoon East End Cumin Seeds
- Pinch East End Chilli Flakes
- 2 tablespoon East End Olive Oil
- 600g Carrots washed and coarsely grated (no need to peel)
- 140g East End Split Red Lentils
- 1litre hot Vegetable Stock (from a cube is fine)
- 125ml Milk
- Plain Yoghurt and Naan Bread, to serve
- Heat a large saucepan and dry-fry the cumin seeds and chilli flakes for 1 minute or until they start to jump around the pan and release their aromas. Scoop out about half of the seeds with a spoon and set aside.
- Add the oil, carrots, lentils, stock and milk to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils have swollen and softened.
- Whizz the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth (or leave it chunky if you prefer). Season to taste and finish with a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkling of the reserved toasted spices. Serve with warmed naan breads.
Add the ingredients to your cart