Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 1 cup East End Urid Dall
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 2 dry East End Red Chillies
- 3 tablespoons East End Oil
- 1 clove of sliced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon East End Cumin Seeds
- a pinch of East End Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and wash the dall as you usually do and then soak for around 2 hours.
- Now heat 1 teaspoon oil, add cumin seeds and cook the dall with salt and turmeric in around 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker or a saucepan, so that the water absorbs completely.
- Leave it covered for a while after cooking so that any extra water gets absorbed.
- Meanwhile, fry the sliced onions, garlic and dried chillies in the remaining oil, till the onion turns a rich brown colour, and pour this tarka over the dall.
Add the ingredients to your cart