Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 1 cup East End Toor Dall
- 2 Green chillies cut lengthwise
- 2 dried East End Red Chillies broken into halves
- 3 Garlic pods crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon East End Cumin seeds
- Onion - half onion julienned (cut into strips)
- 2 pinches East End Turmeric powder
- Curry leaves a few
- Salt to taste
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a shallow pan. Add Toor Dall, 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, green chillies, 1 crushed garlic pod & onions. Keep stirring the Dall until it turns brownish. Make sure you don't fry until it burns or turns dark brown.
- Transfer fried Dall to a pressure cooker. Add 2 & half cups water, turmeric powder & pressure cook up to 4 whistles. Remove lid, smash toor dall with a spatula if needed.
- For seasoning, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, 2 crushed garlic pods, dried red chillies & curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to Dall. Add salt as per taste. Serve Hot with Jeera (Cumin) Rice / Rotis.
Add the ingredients to your cart