Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 1 cup East End Whole Urid or East End Black Gram Lentils
- 1/3 cup East End Kidney Beans ( Rajma)
- 1 tablespoons grated East End Ginger
- 2 teaspoon coarsely ground East End Fennel Seeds
- East End Red Chilli Powder (according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon East End Turmeric Powder
- 3-4 tablespoons East End ghee
- 1 teaspoon East End Cumin Seeds
- A large pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1 tablespoon minced East End Ginger & Garlic
- 1 medium Onion (thinly chopped, optional)
- 2-3 medium Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon East End Garam Masala
- 1/2 cup fresh Cream.
- 2 tablespoons chopped East End Coriander leaves (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 5-6 cups water (to cook dall)
- Wash and soak black urid whole and rajma overnight. Cook the soaked dall and rajma in 5-6 cups of water with salt, red chilli powder, fennel seeds powder, turmeric, and grated ginger till dall and rajma are done/soft (pressure cooker for 10-12 whistles). Lightly mash dall and rajma mixture, keep aside.
- Heat oil or butter in a thick bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds and hing and let it crackle. Add ginger, garlic, chopped onions, and cook till light golden brown in colour. Add garam masala and chopped tomatoes.
- Sauté till tomatoes are well mashed and fat starts to leave the masala. Add mashed dall and rajma to this mixture and little water (desired consistency). Correct seasoning, and simmer at very slow flame for 15-20 minutes. Add fresh cream and let it simmer for 5 minutes and turn off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
- Serve hot with Naan or Paratha or with East End Rice.
Add the ingredients to your cart