Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 200g Dried East End Chick Peas (prepared)
- 1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp East End Sunflower Oil
- 8oz Tomatoes (tin)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp East End Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp East End Chilli Powder
- 2 Cloves
- Crushed Garlic
Prepare the Chick Peas
- Sort through and discard any hardened kernels.
- Wash in 3-4 changes of clean water.
- Soak in enough water to cover 5-8hours.
- Replace water with clean water, bring to the boil and boil for 15mins.
- Simmer for 1½ hour or until tender ensuring saucepan does not run dry.
- Prepare the chick peas as above.
- Fry the onion in a separate pan, in the oil, until golden. Add the tomatoes, and cook for 5mins.
- Add the salt, turmeric and chilli powder, cloves and ginger. Cook for 10-15mins over a medium to low heat.
- Add the prepared chick peas to the pan, and let it cook on high heat for 15-20mins, stirring occasionally.
Add the ingredients to your cart