Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 200g Dried East End Cow Peas (prepared)
- 1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp East End Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp East End Mixed Spices
- 1oz Root Ginger
- East End Chilli Powder (to taste)
- Coriander (chopped)
- Tomatoes (sliced)
Prepare the Cow Peas
- Sort through and discard any hardened kernels.
- Wash in 3-4 changes of clean water.
- Replace water with clean water, bring to the boil and boil for 10mins.
- Simmer for 45mins or until tender ensuring saucepan does not run dry.
- Prepare the cow peas as above up to step 3.
- After step 3, add the salt, turmeric powder, mixed spices, onion, and root ginger and chilli powder. Simmer for 1hour until a rich creamy texture is achieved.
- Add butter/margarine, garnish with the coriander and sliced tomatoes, and serve on a bed of rice or chapatti.
Add the ingredients to your cart