Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 3/4 cup East End Chana Dall (split Bengal gram)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Cucumber
- 1 teaspoon East End Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-Green Chilli Paste
- A pinch East End Tumeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon East End Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon East End Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- For the garnish: 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Wash and soak chana dall in water for at least an hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Add 2 cups of water to the soaked dall and pressure cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add the cooked dall, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and chilli powder and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cucumber and salt, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes till the cucumber is tender, but still a little crisp.
- Add some water if required to adjust the consistency.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with East End Rice or Chapattis.
Add the ingredients to your cart