Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 6oz East End Butter Beans
- 1 litre Water
- 1 ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp East End Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp East End Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green Chilli (cut in half lengthways)
- 3 Cloves
- 1oz Gram Flour
- 1 tsp East End Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp East End Turmeric
- 3 tsp East End Dhana Jeera Powder
- ½ tsp East End Garam Masala Powder
- 14oz Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Soak the butter beans overnight, in warm water. (If you have time 2 days, as soaking improves the texture and reduces cooking time).
- Place the drained beans in a saucepan with the water and salt. Boil vigorously for 10mins, then cover and simmer for about 50mins, or until they are tender and most of the water has absorbed. Do not drain.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a small frying pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and the green chilli.
- When the seeds start to pop, add the cloves and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the gram flour, chilli powder, turmeric, jeera powder, masala powder, cook for 1min. Then add the tomatoes and sugar, and cook for another 2mins.
- Stir the contents of the frying pan into the beans and add the lemon juice. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10mins, stirring frequently.
- Serve garnished with onion rings.
Add the ingredients to your cart