Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 400g East End Yellow Peas
- 1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 50ml Oil
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp East End Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp East End Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp East End Turmeric Powder
- 2 medium Tomatoes (chopped)
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- Soak the yellow peas in enough water (1 litre), for overnight.
- Drain the water and add fresh water (1 litre) to the peas, and bring to a boil until soft.
- In a separate pan, fry the onion in the oil, until you have a fine onion paste.
- Add some water at regular intervals if necessary.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, and mix well.
- Add the chilli powder, masala powder, turmeric and the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are pureed with the onions.
- Add the peas together with the water to the onion and tomato gravy. Cook until you achieve a desired consistency of the gravy.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of garam masala and garnish with the coriander.
Add the ingredients to your cart