Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pressed garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon East End ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon East End ground turmeric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon East End fresh ground black pepper
- melted butter or East End olive oil, for brushing lime, for serving
- Clean your chicken, and cut it into cubes for threading on skewers.
- Take a fork and prick the chicken many times.
- Put lemon juice in bowl with chicken, stir well, and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the bowl with the marinade, and marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably 4-6 hours.
- Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Heat your grill with a nice flame and place chicken skewers on the grill.
- Brush with butter or olive oil, and grill approximately 6 minutes on each side, or until done, having nice grill/char markiings.
- Once you have grilled one side for 6 minutes, turn them over and brush with butter or olive oil, and grill 6 more minutes or until done.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side for squirting on chicken pieces
Add the ingredients to your cart