Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 2 (1/2 kg each) chickens
- 1/2 cup + 4 tbsps (175 gms) of yoghurt, highly beaten
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tsps ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp East End cumin seeds, ground
- 2 tsps East End chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 level tsps salt
- 2 tbsps East End lemon juice
- 2 tbsps coriander leaves, finely chopped
- East End Oil, for deep frying
- Spring onions for garnishing
- Grind together, onion, ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin & lemon juice. Add salt, pepper, chilli & yoghurt. Mix well.
- Cut each chicken in half down the centre, now rub yoghurt mixture well into the chicken. Cover and marinate overnight.
- Place chicken in a pan and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Beat eggs, add gram flour, salt and chilli powder. beat again.
- Heat oil. dip each chicken into the batter and deep fry until colour turns golden and crispy. Serve hot garnished with spring onions.
- Note: For extra crispy surface use rice flour. This is one of the specialities of the Bohri community of India.
Add the ingredients to your cart