Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 500g tender lamb, on the rib
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup East End vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp East End garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp East End ginger paste
- 3/4 tsp East End chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp East End pepper powder
- 1/2 East End turmeric powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp East End cumin seeds
- 2 cloves
- 2" cinnamon stick
- 1 cardamom pod
- Wash and clean the lamb. Cook on low fire with salt and 1/2 cup water. Drain the mutton and reserve a cup of stock.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add chopped onion and fry till well browned.
- Add garlic & ginger paste and fry to a golden colour.
- Mix chilli powder and turmeric powder with a little water to make a paste and add to the fried ingredients. Fry well.
- Add the meat and brown well.
- Pour in the stock and lime juice, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Make a powder of cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom pods.
- When the gravy thickens remove from heat. Serve hot.
Add the ingredients to your cart