Your shopping cart is empty!×
- 1 kg Carrots
- 1 litre Milk
- 1 teaspoon East End Cardamom seeds
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 2 tablespoons East End Almonds
- 2 tablespoons East End Pistachios
- 450 grams Sugar
- Wash and grate the carrots. Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes. Blanch and shred the nuts.
- Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the milk. Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally. Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
- Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the slightly crushed cardamoms and the raisins. Mix well.
- Remove the gajjar halwa from heat and arrange in a serving dish. Decorate with almonds and pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature
Add the ingredients to your cart